Customer Support Engineer
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Moving the world better – that’s the backbone of everything we do. At Ridecell, we pride ourselves on helping the largest fleets in the world digitally transform their business operations to achieve their goals, no matter how big or adventurous. Our fleet automation and mobility platform modernizes and monetizes fleets by combining real-time data insights with digital vehicle control that turns manual processes into automated workflows. Imagining a world where fleets fix and run themselves is no longer a concept – it’s a reality.
The results? Unmatched efficiency, unparalleled control, and complete transparency for shared services, motorpool, rental and logistic fleets who rely on vehicles and drivers to move their business forward. Today, Ridecell powers some of the most successful fleets across Europe and North America including Gig Car Share from AAA, Arval and KINTO Share by Toyota Sweden. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices in Madrid, Paris, Berlin and Pune, India, Ridecell builds the technologies and solutions that unlock the full power of fleets.
To learn more about our suite of solutions, visit https://ridecell.com/solutions/.
Ridecell Inc. is the leading fleet automation and mobility platform provider for digital fleet transformation. Ridecell brings the only platform and solutions built specifically to automate the management and monetization of fleets. The Ridecell platform converts siloed data streams into real-time insights, takes advantage of keyless vehicle access and digital immobilizer control, and turns today’s manual fleet processes into automated workflows.
Ridecell powers some of the most successful fleets in cities across Europe and North America. These include services by Gig Car Share from AAA, and KINTO mobility services by Toyota Sweden. Ridecell teams are operating globally out of offices in San Francisco, Paris, Berlin, and Pune India.
As the Customer Support Engineer, you are the primary point of contact when Ridecell’s customers ask questions, report issues, and require product assistance. You will guide the customer through our defined resolution and escalation processes as well as advocate for their needs. You will develop a deep knowledge of their business model and how best to leverage Ridecell’s integrated platform and tools.
You will collaborate with other Support, Engineering, Product, and Customer Success team members. You will follow a well-articulated process and data-driven metrics to help the business identify and remedy gaps in the platform support structure, identify bugs in the platform, and triage closely with the engineering teams for fixes. Key deliverables of this role are the ongoing development and enhancement of documentation and processes for issue investigation and resolution, cross-functional communication, and training.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Speak directly to the customers, providing step-by-step directions to resolve their issues
- Able to translate complex technical details to all levels of technical ability successfully
- Lead the customer initiative from the support process acting as the primary customer liaison/point of contact
- Identify, triage, investigate, resolve, and escalate issues with your team and other teams as necessary
- Follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Escalate issues to engineering through an established process
- Advocate for customer and product needs across teams
- Develop product documentation knowledge base including investigative steps for issue resolution and developing executable team processes
- Review reported customer issues and prepare documentation including Investigation Summaries, User Guides, Troubleshooting Steps, and FAQs
- Able to multitask and remain calm under pressure, especially during peak hours or intense situations
- Attend customer meetings and convey learnings and relevant information
- Lead cross-team issue investigation meetings
- Provide hands-on assistance with customer launches on customer site and remote
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of internal and external partners
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to empower end-users to support themselves using our knowledge base
- Desire to proactively seek solutions to problems and propose improvements to make Ridecell the leading transportation platform
- Flexibility to work into the early evenings and pre-scheduled after-hours shifts
- Able to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Must work as an on-call contact periodically including nights and weekends
- Have access to a high-speed internet connection to accommodate working remotely
- Have an appropriate workspace in your residence, when applicable
- 3+ years technical support, consulting, or other customer-facing experience
- Basic experience in any backend language: Python, Java, .Net, or another object-oriented programming language, and willingness to learn Python
- Working knowledge of SQL queries
- Must speak and write French proficiently
- Excellent customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to convey technical jargon in a wide array of syntax
- Experience communicating complex customer issues to development teams
- A strong sense of urgency
- Basic knowledge of various mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Android)
- Must reside in France or Spain
- Experience using CRM help-desk and ticketing tools (e.g. Zendesk, Salesforce ServiceCloud)
- Previous work in the transportation space (e.g. transit agency, university transportation, TNC company, and fleet asset management)
- Experience providing customer support and troubleshooting issues in a SaaS environment with an assertive deployment schedule
- Experience in a customer service oriented role requiring speaking directly with customers and partners
- Experience working with third-party customer service call centers that support an international customer audience
- Experience working with vehicle telematics
- Basic understanding of how SaaS integrations work
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and similar tools
- Knowledge of PagerDuty, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Zoom, and Gmail
Perks + Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Opportunity to work remote
But, the real perks are:
- Challenging and fun work - you'll never have a boring day!
- World-class team that thrives working collaboratively and solving challenging problems
- The opportunity to contribute to the massive digital transformation of traditional fleets
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging
Ridecell is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate our differences and actively work with all Ridezillas in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants to apply, no matter your race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, or gender expression. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know!
To Recruitment Agencies
Ridecell does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Ridecell employees. Ridecell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.