Customer Launch Manager
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Want to work with the world’s leading companies to help them digitize their fleets and launch new mobility start-ups? Does picturing yourself on a high-performance team working alongside colleagues with diverse backgrounds as start-up entrepreneurs, new mobility services operators, and management consultants from top firms like McKinsey, PWC, and E&Y sound exciting? Then check out this unique opportunity at Ridecell!
Ridecell has a long history of innovation in the mobility space, from the early days of running the Summon ridesharing service in San Francisco; to powering the carsharing platforms for mobility service operators like BMW, Renault, AAA, and Toyota; to more recently expanding into digitization solutions for large scale fleets with operators like Penske. Ridecell is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Madrid, Paris, Berlin, and Pune India.
Ridecell is structured with several customer facing teams that work closely together in a “land and expand” model. Our Sales team is responsible for “landing” major new enterprise accounts. Our Customer Launch team works on our deal teams to help position our solution to prospects, and then collaborates closely with customers to design and execute their implementation plan. Our Customer Success team is responsible for “expanding” our existing enterprise customers by influencing them to pursue major initiatives that increase their usage of Ridecell’s platform and/or adopt new Ridecell solutions.
Personal characteristics of individuals who have proven to be a good fit in our dynamic environment include strong strategic thinking skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, the ability to build rapport with customer executives, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute whatever task needs doing. Candidates with backgrounds in management consulting (e.g., McKinsey, BCG, Deloitte, Accenture, etc.), operational roles with large fleets or new mobility start-ups (e.g., ridesharing, carsharing), and customer success strategic roles with enterprise solution SaaS vendors often have the skills and experience needed.
We are currently seeking to add a Customer Launch Manager to our team in San Francisco. The successful candidate will typically manage one or two enterprise launches at a time, and often will continue to play a role post-launch in driving the customer’s success. This role reports to the Senior Director of GTM and Customer Launch and will work closely with our Business Development, Customer Support, Product, and Engineering teams.
What you will do:
- Relationships: Develop Trusted Advisor relationships with key stakeholders in customer accounts
- Expertise: Become an expert in Ridecell's solutions and our customer's business in order to:
- Develop a clear Point of View on how Ridecell can best help the customer achieve their business goals through adoption of our platform
- Assist our Business Development team in developing proposals for new prospects grounded in a realistic launch scope and timing
- Conduct the detailed platform knowledge transfer to the customer’s operations team to enable them to be self-sufficient post-launch
- Planning: Develop a launch plan that is aimed at achieving both the customer’s and Ridecell’s short and long term objectives. For example:
- Orchestrate our Service Design process to promote alignment of the customer’s needs and strategy with Ridecell’s product plans and long term strategy
- Achieve agreement with the customer on shared success metrics for each stage of the deployment (pilot, soft launch, and production launch)
- Develop a comprehensive launch plan that calls out dependencies, key risks, and mitigation strategies for Ridecell and the customer
- Execution: Execute the plan:
- Serve as the primary point of contact and steward of Ridecell resources in jointly executing the launch plan with the customer to attain their success metrics
- Guide the many implementation decisions along the launch process to balance alignment with customer needs with Ridecell resource capacity
- Address customer feature requests by understanding their underlying business need, clarifying their priorities, and collaborating with Ridecell’s Product team to define solutions
- Support: Serve as the customer’s Single Point of Contact:
- Assist our Customer Support team in responding to any significant technical issues by taking into account customer specific considerations
- Respond to customer "How To" requests by demonstrating to customer functional leaders what they can accomplish with our current platform
The outcomes you will achieve:
- Strong relationships, as evidenced by customer stakeholders’ willingness to provide glowing references to potential customers, partners, and investors
- Successful launches of our platform, as evidenced by on-time launches with the capabilities needed for a successful initial launch
- Strong contributions to the account's success, as evidenced by acknowledgement from their senior executives that Ridecell played a key role in helping them succeed
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in one or more of the following roles: B2B account management, business development, management consulting, or project management
- Proven track record of focusing on solutions, key metrics, and results with a data driven mindset; comfort working in a data intensive environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive working relationships at all levels and influence change with internal and external business partners
- Solid project management skills and experience managing large enterprise customers and agile cross functional account teams
- Ability to maintain a good balance of strategic vision and tactical implementation
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong professional ethics and impeccable personal integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree from top university, preferably in technology or business
- Located in major East Coast cities such as Philadelphia, Detroit, New York City, Washington DC, and Boston
- 2 years in a B2B account management/customer success role, ideally with an enterprise SaaS vendor, mobility or fleet operator, or management consulting firm
- Good understanding of transportation, logistics, or mobility as a service industries
- Experience in optimizing fleet operations
- Management consulting experience
- MBA or MS
Perks + Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Hybrid workforce
- 100% Employee Covered Medical/Dental/Vision (90% Dependents)
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness activities - Virtual Workouts
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
- Dog Friendly
But, the real perks are:
- Challenging and fun work - you'll never have a boring day!
- World-class team that thrives working collaboratively and solving challenging problems
- The opportunity to use data and technology to build the future of fleet automation and mobility
Ridecell is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate our differences and actively work with all Ridezillas in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants to apply, no matter your race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, or gender expression. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know!
To all recruitment agencies: Ridecell does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Ridecell employees. Ridecell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.