Senior Manager of Strategy and Operations
At Ridecell View All Jobs
San Francisco, CA
Moving the world better – that’s the backbone of everything we do. At Ridecell, we pride ourselves on helping the largest fleets in the world digitally transform their business operations to achieve their goals, no matter how big or adventurous. Our fleet automation and mobility platform modernizes and monetizes fleets by combining real-time data insights with digital vehicle control that turns manual processes into automated workflows. Imagining a world where fleets fix and run themselves is no longer a concept – it’s a reality.
As Ridecell continues its mission to move the world better through digital transformation of fleets, we are looking for a savvy partner for our CEO & the Executive team. In this role you will assist the executive team in day to day functions of the company. From routine tasks and meetings that help our company, our people, our product, and our customers “level up” to strategic projects, you will work beside our CEO and Executive team and help the company succeed.
You have multiple years of experience in one or more operational roles at a startup or high growth business unit. You recognize you have more to learn and prefer doing it in a boardroom over the classroom. You are not afraid of taking on significant responsibility but want to “level up” in certain areas before you fly solo leading a business unit lead or even a business. You care deeply about doing the right thing and about treating people well. Most importantly, you are humble and ready to do whatever it takes to help the company succeed - from tasks like running effective meetings or answering important emails to taking lead on strategic tasks that fit your operational strengths with leaders providing coaching where needed. Our CEO & Executive team is committed to providing active mentorship on specific areas where you want to improve and near complete transparency from him on any aspect of his thought process.
We would expect that this role would “graduate” into a leader at Ridecell or even elsewhere (or start their own company!), after a couple of years..
The best fits will have some stellar references ready to attest to all of the above.
- Will report to Ridecell’s EVP of Strategy & Operations, People and Finance with a dotted line reporting to the CEO.
- Work closely with Ridecell’s Executive team on a regular basis and do what it takes to help the company succeed and do better every day.
- Manage time, communication, and priorities of the company
- Work with the - executive team, and help make decisions that keep accelerating the company.
- Manage key projects in areas of your operational strengths - help provide the team clarity and create alignment where needed and clear bottlenecks.
- Assist Executive team with developing, implementing and adhering to company processes to increase day to day as well as overall effectiveness.
- Interact with key executives at our partners, clients, and investors on behalf of the company.
- ***High energy and positivity***
- Organized and methodical as a person; at the same time able to thrive in a semi-structured, constantly changing environment*
- Excellent at time management and prioritization
- Good with numerical and technical analyses and analytical decision making
- Ability to cultivate a rapport, trust, and a warm relationship with everyone you interact with.
- Will not shrink from disagreement, but have strong opinions - loosely held, including in discussions with senior executives and even our CEO
- Comfortable making decisions in ambiguous situations with limited information
- Boasts book smarts, street smarts, and emotional intelligence
- You have something to prove, and this role will allow you to do it
- 5+ years working in a fast paced enterprise business, in a business function
- Degree from an accredited 4-year university
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Although the role will have the flexibility to work remotely, Must be willing to work on-site in our Bay Area office, and travel as needed
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience at a top strategy consulting firm or a top PE or VC firm
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience at a high growth enterprise technology startup
Ridecell is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate our differences and actively work with all Ridezillas in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants to apply, no matter your race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, or gender expression. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know!
To all recruitment agencies: Ridecell does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Ridecell employees. Ridecell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.