Chief of Staff / Sr. Manager Business Operations
At Ridecell View All Jobs
San Francisco, CA
As Ridecell continues its mission to move the world better through digital transformation of fleets, we are looking for a savvy partner for our CEO & the Executive team. In this role you will assist the executive team in day to day functions of the company. From routine tasks and meetings that help our company, our people, our product, and our customers “level up” to strategic projects, you will work beside our CEO and Executive team and help the company succeed.
You have multiple years of experience in one or more operational roles at a startup or high growth business unit. You recognize you have more to learn and prefer doing it in a boardroom over the classroom. You are not afraid of taking on significant responsibility but want to “level up” in certain areas before you fly solo leading a business unit lead or even a business. You care deeply about doing the right thing and about treating people well. Most importantly, you are humble and ready to do whatever it takes to help the company succeed - from tasks like runninng effective meetings or answering important emails to taking lead on strategic tasks that fit your operational strengths with leaders providing coaching where needed. Our CEO & Executive team is committed to providing active mentorship on specific areas where you want to improve and near complete transparency from him on any aspect of his thought process.
We would expect that this role would “graduate” into a leader at Ridecell or even elsewhere (or start their own company!), after a couple of years..
The best fits will have some stellar references ready to attest to all of the above.
- Will report to Ridecell’s EVP of Business Operations, People, & Finance with a dotted line reporting to the CEO.
- Work closely with Ridecell’s Executive team on a regular basis and do what it takes to help the company succeed and do better every day.
- Manage time, communication, and priorities of the company
- Work with the - executive team, and help make decisions that keep accelerating the company.
- Manage key projects in areas of your operational strengths - help provide the team clarity and create alignment where needed and clear bottlenecks.
- Assist Executive team with developing, implementing and adhering to company processes to increase day to day as well as overall effectiveness.
- Interact with key executives at our partners, clients, and investors on behalf of the company.
- ***High energy and positivity***
- Organized and methodical as a person; at the same time able to thrive in a semi-structured, constantly changing environment*
- Excellent at time management and prioritization
- Good with numerical and technical analyses and analytical decision making
- Ability to cultivate a rapport, trust, and a warm relationship with everyone you interact with.
- Will not shrink from disagreement, but have strong opinions - loosely held, including in discussions with senior executives and even our CEO.
- Comfortable making decisions in ambiguous situations with limited information
- Boasts book smarts, street smarts, and emotional intelligence
- You have something to prove, and this role will allow you to do it
- 3+ years working in a fast paced enterprise business, in a business function
- Degree from an accredited 4-year university
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Although the role will have the flexibility to work remotely, Must be willing to work on-site in our Bay Area office, and travel as needed
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience at a top strategy consulting firm or a top PE or VC firm
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience at a high growth enterprise technology startup