Senior Backend Engineer - Platform
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Ridecell Inc. is the leading fleet automation and mobility platform provider for digital fleet transformation. Ridecell brings the only platform and solutions built specifically to automate the management and monetization of fleets. The Ridecell platform converts siloed data streams into real-time insights, takes advantage of keyless vehicle access and digital immobilizer control, and turns today’s manual fleet processes into automated workflows.
Ridecell powers some of the most successful fleets in cities across Europe and North America. These include services by Gig Car Share from AAA, and KINTO mobility services by Toyota Sweden. Ridecell teams are operating globally out of offices in San Francisco, Paris, Berlin, and Pune India.
Things you will work on
- Work closely with customers, customer success, and product teams and own features from definition to deployment
- Tuning, designing, and building our distributed microservices
- Optimizing database design to extract maximum throughput
- Solving challenges with integration and optimization of systems under heavy load
What you can expect from us
- Work with industry-standard tooling such as Kafka, Kubernetes, Grafana, PostgreSQL
- Ship code frequently to customers - you will ship code to production in your first month
- Work in an environment that rigorously follows best practices when it comes to backend development (code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, ci, cd, source control using Github)
- Own your code from end to end of the software development process
We’d love to hear from you if you are
- Passionate about writing clean, extendable, and maintainable code
- Proficient in relational database systems
- Proficient in back end development
- Proficient in at least one mainstream back-end programming language such as Python, Go, or Java
- Strong with data structures and algorithms
- Familiar with distributed systems or willing to learn
- Familiar with Python and Django or willing to learn
Nice to haves
- Experience with a dynamically typed language, we use python
- Experience with a web development framework like Django, Flask, etc. we use Django
There will be at least two technical and two non-technical interview rounds. Our emphasis is on the logical flow and code architecture. You would be required to do a take-home assignment either based on the existing codebase or write a code from scratch depending on the first round of interviews. The process could take up to ten working days to finish.
Have you ever wanted a glimpse into the Ridecell India office? Check out our latest video, “We Are Ridecell India”, to get a bird’s eye view into the culture, passion, and people that make it such a special place to be! And don’t forget to follow the Ridecell YouTube channel – there's a lot of really great content coming soon!