Android Engineer- Carsharing
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Ridecell Inc. is the leading fleet automation and mobility platform provider for digital fleet transformation. Ridecell brings the only platform and solutions built specifically to automate the management and monetization of fleets. The Ridecell platform converts siloed data streams into real-time insights, takes advantage of keyless vehicle access and digital immobilizer control, and turns today’s manual fleet processes into automated workflows.
Ridecell powers some of the most successful fleets in cities across Europe and North America. These include services by Gig Car Share from AAA, and KINTO mobility services by Toyota Sweden. Ridecell teams are operating globally out of offices in San Francisco, Paris, Berlin, and Pune India.
● Implementing core libraries to support all RideCell products (car-sharing, ride sharing, on-demand, dynamic fixed route)
● Develop new features like communication between vehicle and the app (lock, unlock, navigational information)
● Making sure the apps support dynamic UI and features to help scale products while supporting client needs
● B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related experience
● 2+ years of object-oriented software development experience
● 2+ years of mobile application development at the user interface and system levels
● Experience with Kotlin
● Should have apps deployed on the Google PlayStore, familiarity with end to the end deployment process
● Proficient knowledge of the Android SDK
● Gradle build system expert & ability to maintain multi-flavor project
● Java OOP expert
● Proficiency with Google API’s (maps, places, gcm most important)
● knowledge of RESTful implementation in android and communicating with backend API’s
● Proficiency with android lifecycle events in activities and fragments
Have you ever wanted a glimpse into the Ridecell India office? Check out our latest video, “We Are Ridecell India”, to get a bird’s eye view into the culture, passion, and people that make it such a special place to be! And don’t forget to follow the Ridecell YouTube channel – there's a lot of really great content coming soon!