Sr. SDET/ SDET
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Ridecell (www.ridecell.com) is powering next generation of ridesharing, carsharing and autonomous new mobility services. As the world shifts to a mobility on-demand model and new companies rush to enter as service providers, Ridecell is ready to support these initiatives. Already 20+ customers, including BMW, Renault and AAA use our proven platform to launch, operate, and scale their new mobility services.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test is a technical evangelist with strong quality mindset. He/She must be able to contribute to the development of concepts, methods, and techniques for white box and black box automated test cases and build frameworks to execute and report the same. A Senior SDET's should own architecture and design of test automation framework and coach/mentor other people across teams to adopt the same. They need to possess strong programming skills coupled with a leadership mindset to always strive for excellence and lead the QE organisation towards greater heights.
- Establish quality engineering, automation testing, and continuous integration practices with an emphasis on back-end APIs and systems integration
- Work with multiple teams spread across geographies for continuous improvements, innovate and own initiatives and ensure those are adopted and rolled out successfully.
- Design and develop frameworks and robust automation test scripts at both Unit and integration level. (Controller and UI)
- Conduct code reviews to manage automation code quality and guide teams for improvements and adherence to best practices.
- Works on ongoing projects and assignments of diverse scope apply broader knowledge of industry standards/practices and own complete quality for module/s with minimal to no supervision needed.
- Work closely with product and development teams for scoping/sizing after clarifying requirements and create the strategy and technical design for quality delivery and help others on same within and across teams.
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and daily stand-ups and work with teams to mitigate any blockers and adopt to changing needs in a fast-moving environment.
- BS/B Tech degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution
- 5-8 years core development experience with minimum 3-4 years as SDET
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Experience in creation of test frameworks using open source automation tools.
- Solid knowledge of test architectural principles, concepts, and application across web/cloud-based technologies.
- Hands on in writing clean code quickly in languages like Java, Python, Ruby and code review techniques
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes and project management techniques.
- Test and Behaviour Driven Development (TDD and BDD), the Cucumber framework, Selenium, Capybara, Appium, Calabash
- REST APIs and SOAP web services with JSON and XML payloads
- Build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant