Mechanical Engineer (Contract to Hire)
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Santa Clara, CA
The autonomous driving division of Ridecell is pushing for the widespread application of autonomous mobility with partners and customers. After the successful run of our self driving shuttle at the first customer site, we are at an exciting phase of productizing our technology and scaling up the deployments using passenger vehicles.
You will get first hand experience in the design and development of an L4 autonomous vehicle from Day 1. We are striving to build the best MVP for the autonomous vehicle industry, and we have made our first strides already by deploying our vehicles in the real world. You will work with a small, talented, and agile group of engineers to bring about autonomous mobility. Great company benefits.
Product and Technology Videos: https://goo.gl/pnLyBo
Passenger Vehicle Platform
In this role of Mechanical Engineer, we are looking for a person who can take on complex projects from concept to manufacturing and assembly. You will be designing and manufacturing parts that will be used on the autonomous vehicle such as mounting brackets, sensor enclosures, camera housings, cable harnesses, computing and power racks, tooling, and more. You will work alongside the lead hardware engineer as well as electrical, embedded, robotics, and machine learning software engineers.
- Use CAD for design and fabrication of sensor mounts, equipment packaging, and wire harnesses
- Perform detail tolerance analysis to ensure part quality and first time fit
- Manufacture and modify parts using hand and power tools
- Remove and replace existing automotive parts such as the bumper, fender, internal paneling, headliner, and dashboard.
- Assembly of mechanical and electrical parts to convert an off the shelf vehicle platform into an autonomous vehicle
- 1-2 years experience in robotics or automotive industry
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in full hardware product life cycle from prototyping stage to DFM stage
- Experience with usage of rapid prototyping equipment (CNC, 3D printing, waterjet etc.)
- Experience in mechanical design, CAD tools (Fusion 360, Solidworks, AutoCAD etc.)
- Experience with GD&T
- Experience in designing hardware systems with functional safety
- Strong engineering mindset, startup mentality, versatility, and interpersonal skills
- Autonomous vehicle industry background
- Skills/Experience in Industrial design
- Skills/Experience in Electrical Engineering or Embedded Systems
- PCB design experience
- Involved in design/development of AutoSAR/ISO 26262 compliant systems