Principal Quality Engineer
At Ridecell View All Jobs
San Francisco, CA
Ridecell (www.ridecell.com) is powering next generation of ridesharing, carsharing and autonomous new mobility services. As the world shifts to a mobility on-demand model and new companies rush to enter as service providers, Ridecell is ready to support these initiatives. Already 20 customers, including BMW, Renault and AAA use our proven platform to launch, operate, and scale their new mobility services
We're looking for a Principal Quality Engineer who is passionate about driving quality for our customers. You will work with cutting-edge web applications, mobile clients, and micro-services in a high-volume SaaS environment. You will use the latest tools and will collaborate with other quality engineers, architects, developers to raise the bar on product quality with tightly integrated test automation.
- Be an integral, embedded member of an agile team
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Execute unit, integration, functional and performance testing
- Optimize processes and tooling used for test automation and reporting with continuous integration, continuous delivery automation
- Influence the organization towards best practices with documentation, presentations, and collaboration
- Be an active participant in code reviews and retrospectives
- Train and mentor QA staff on tooling, approach, and best practices
- Perform evaluations and PoCs
- Equal proficiency in front-end testing as well back-end testing including API level and database level validations
- Solid understanding of REST API with ability to create API based flows to test middle layer components
- Experience with service contract testing: Java-based micro-services, junit tests, mockito, etc.
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with 7+ years demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Experience testing multi-tiered SaaS applications
- Craftsmanship level commitment to quality software
- Expert coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- Advanced programming skills in multiple programming/scripting languages
- Experience with running performance benchmarks
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and/or Bitbucket pipelines to integrate testing into deployment flow
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Experience rolling out new testing methodologies to drive product quality improvements
- Experience with build automation tools like Gradle, Maven, Ant etc.
- Experience in relational databases like MySql, DB2 or Oracle
- Experience in creating data-driven test automation frameworks
- Experience with mobile automation (iOS and Android and web automation)
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with open source tools and resources