Senior Embedded Systems Engineer, Autonomous Driving
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Auro (www.auro.ai), is now the Autonomous Driving Division of Ridecell. While Auro shines in autonomous driving technology, Ridecell has a rich experience in operations and management of large fleets of vehicles at scale. We are together pushing for the widespread adoption of autonomous mobility with our self driving shuttles and end to end mobility service platform.
We are looking for passionate autonomous vehicle engineers and roboticists to join us in this exciting journey.
We are looking for a hardware expert who can own and lead the electrical engineering tasks for our autonomous vehicles
- Responsible for circuit design, architecture and component selection
- Review, improve and design electrical system architecture of the self driving shuttle
- Design and implement embedded system using automotive grade processors with voting mechanism for functional safety
- Estimate power usage, design and implement appropriate power systems with batteries, dc-dc converters, relays etc.
- Debug and resolve any electrical or electromagnetic issues like ground loops, noise and interference due to high frequency signals, long wires etc.
- Design and implement wire harness, connectors to reduce interference, noise etc.
- Design and implement PCBs for integrating micro controllers, relays, voltage converters, opto-isolators, connectors etc. onto a single board.
- Design and implement CAN bus for all the autonomy components that include actuators, micro controllers, sensors and computer processors
- Guide junior engineers, technicians and vendors in day to day tasks like soldering, circuit implementation, assembly etc.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of design and implementation of the electrical and embedded systems
- BS in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field
- 5 years experience in embedded systems / robotics / autonomous vehicle / automotive or related industry
- Strong foundation in electrical engineering and embedded systems
- Experience in PCB design and fabrication
- Experience with electrical engineering CAD tools for schematic capture, simulation and layout (Eagle, Altium, PADS, Orcad, Spice etc. )
- Experience in communication protocols like serial, UART, CAN, Ethernet etc.
- Experience with dc, stepper, servo, BLDC , Induction motors etc. and their controllers
- Experience in working with processors like STM, TMS, Aurix , ARM based, Automotive ECUs etc.
- Practical experience in soldering, crimping etc. for guiding junior engineers, technicians
- Know how and experience in designing fault tolerant systems, functional safety etc.
- Software development for embedded systems using RTOS
- Experience in DFM process and full hardware product lifecycle i.e. from prototype to production stage
- Experience in working with processors designed for autonomous vehicles like Nvidia’s Drive PX, QNX etc.
- Know how of electric vehicle architecture