Senior Data Engineer
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Ridecell (www.ridecell.com) is powering next generation of ridesharing, carsharing and autonomous new mobility services. As the world shifts to a mobility on-demand model and new companies rush to enter as service providers, Ridecell is ready to support these initiatives. Already 20 customers, including BMW, VW, Renault and AAA use our proven platform to launch, operate, and scale their new mobility services
We are seeking a highly skilled data engineer with a proven track record of building and scaling state-of-the-art data systems. The role is for a lead position in the Analytics and Data Science group to build the foundation of data architecture.
- Own the security of the data
- Build and enhance the building blocks of Ridecell realtime analytics platform
- Infuse the DNA of data oriented thinking across the company rank and file
- Data modeling, ETL setup, Hadoop cluster scaling and reporting tool integration such as Tableau
- Build a company data warehouse search platform for business analytics
- Create ad-hoc queries and reports and educate others to create queries as needed
- Automate and document processes, improve performance of bottlenecks
- Design and publish custom dashboards for Product Teams and stakeholders around the
- Collaborate with Data Science, Product and Support Engineering teams to build new solutions
- Experience with processing, monitoring and benchmarking in near real time streaming data using Kafka / AWS Kinesis / Spark streaming etc.
- BE/B.Tech/M.Tech/ME/MCA degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Data Science, with at least 5+ years work experience
- Good knowledge of SQL,Spark SQL,Hive and Map-reduce concepts.
- Good knowledge in Data modeling and Building a data warehouse using NoSQL Databases.
- Practical programming experience in at least one programming language (Scala/Java/Python)
- Strong experience in Visualising large data sets in Grafana/Graphite/Superset /Prometheus/Tableau.
- Good experience in UNIX/Linux.
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team.
- Ability to establish process and bring in solutions with structured, flexible, and scalable frameworks and solutions.
- Experience designing data storage of structures such has JSON (BSON), XML, Avro, Parquet.
- Experience with AWS tools & technologies (S3, EMR, Kinesis etc), GCP tools.
- Experience with Geospatial queries, pivot tables.
- Experience with demand planning for future data warehouse needs.
- Intimate knowledge of Statistics and/or Machine Learning Familiarity with columnar data stores.
- Familiarity with Python Django is a plus.