Customer Support Representative
At Ridecell View All Jobs
United States • Remote
Ridecell Inc. is the leading fleet automation and mobility platform provider for digital fleet transformation. Ridecell brings the only platform and solutions built specifically to automate the management and monetization of fleets. The Ridecell platform converts siloed data streams into real-time insights, takes advantage of keyless vehicle access and digital immobilizer control, and turns today’s manual fleet processes into automated workflows.
Ridecell powers some of the most successful fleets in cities across Europe and North America. These include services by Gig Car Share from AAA, and KINTO mobility services by Toyota Sweden. Ridecell teams are operating globally out of offices in San Francisco, Paris, Berlin, and Pune India.
As the Customer Service Representative you are the primary point of contact when Ridecell’s customers ask questions, report issues, and require product assistance. You will answer phone calls and respond to emails to guide the customer through our defined resolution and escalation processes as well as advocate for their needs. You will assist customers leveraging Ridecell’s integrated platform and tools.
You will collaborate with the Support Engineering team to escalate and resolve customer issues. You will follow a well-articulated process to help quickly and successfully respond to customer inquiries.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond to customer questions and issues via phone and email
- Help the customer on live interactive phone calls to resolve issues questions
- Lead the customer initiative from the support process acting as the primary customer liaison/point of contact
- Answer incoming customer support calls, evaluate issues, and prioritize incoming requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with our product and services
- Generate support tickets, and transcribe voicemail content and add as text in the corresponding support tickets
- Handle and resolve Tier 1 customer issues to achieve high customer satisfaction
- Appropriately escalate Tier 2 customer issues to support engineering team
- Document escalated issues with complete issue details including technical issues and customer perspective.
- Provide feedback to tier 2 team and management on issue trends seen.
- Decisive and able to make informed and meaningful actions quickly and with justification
- Able to handle a high volume of requests in a fast-paced environment
- Monitor call trends for technical problems and promptly escalate to appropriate teams for resolution
- Use computer applications to identify, track, and resolve customers’ issues
- Shift-based schedule to include nights/weekends/holidays
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, calm, compassionate, patient, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious in challenging situations
- Able to diffuse disgruntled customers
- 1+ years in customer service, technical support, consulting, or other customer-facing experience
- Comfortable using computer applications and ticketing software with appropriate internal training.
- Strong detail orientation, organizational, and documentation skills with the ability to prioritize a varied workload
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills – you must be able to convey technical steps in a simple manner
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and work independently
- Demonstrate problem analysis and problem-solving
- Possess attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work assigned shift consistently and maintain high level of attendance and punctuality
- Available to work nights and weekends when required
- Able to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week, with or without accommodations
- Have access to high-speed internet connection to accommodate working remotely
- Have an appropriate workspace in your residence, when applicable
- High school diploma, general education degree, or equivalent
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as document for further escalation
- Experience using a computer and comfortable learning new software applications
- Advanced knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Experience working in phone-based customer support role
- Basic knowledge of various mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Android)
- Previous work in the transportation space (e.g. transit agency, university transportation, TNC company, and fleet asset management)
- Experience with vehicle telematics
- Experience with Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, Quip, and similar tools
- Knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Zoom, and Gmail
But, the real perks are:
- Challenging and fun work - you'll never have a boring day
- World-class team that thrives working collaboratively and solving challenging problems
- The opportunity to use data and technology to build the future of fleet automation and mobility
Ridecell is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate our differences and actively work with all Ridezillas in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants to apply, no matter your race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, or gender expression. If we can do anything to improve your application and interview process, please let us know!
To all recruitment agencies: Ridecell does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Ridecell employees. Ridecell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.