Software Development Engineer in Test - Carsharing
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Ridecell Inc. is the leading IoT platform provider for digital fleet transformation. Ridecell brings the transformative power of IoT to mobility and logistic fleets with the only platform and solutions built specifically for fleets. Fleet IoT converts siloed data streams into real-time insights, takes advantage of digital vehicle control, and turns today’s manual processes into automated workflows.
Ridecell powers some of the most successful fleets in cities across Europe and North America. These include services by Ferrovial, Groupe Renault, Gig Car Share from AAA, and Toyota Sweden. Ridecell teams are operating globally out of offices in San Francisco, Madrid, Paris, Berlin, and Pune India.
- Contribute for quality engineering, automation testing, and continuous integration practices with an emphasis on back-end APIs and systems integration
- Work with multiple teams spread across geographies for continuous improvements, innovate and own initiatives
- Design and develop frameworks and robust automation test scripts
- Contribute to manual testing for client / server applications on web and mobile platforms
- Conduct code reviews to manage automation code quality and guide teams for improvements and adherence to best practices.
- Works on ongoing projects and assignments of diverse scope apply broader knowledge of industry standards/practices and own complete quality for module/s with minimal to no supervision needed.
- Work closely with product and development teams for scoping/sizing after clarifying requirements and create the strategy and technical design for quality delivery
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and daily stand-ups and work with teams and adopt to changing needs in a fast-moving environment.
- BS/B Tech degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution
- 2-6 years core development experience with minimum 1-3 years as SDET
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Experience in creation of test frameworks using open source automation tools.
- Solid knowledge of test architectural principles, concepts, and application across web/cloud-based technologies.
- Hands on in writing clean code quickly in languages like Java, Python, Ruby and code review techniques
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes and project management techniques.
- Test and Behaviour Driven Development (TDD and BDD), the Cucumber framework, Selenium, Capybara, Appium, Calabash
- REST APIs and SOAP web services with JSON and XML payloads
- Build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant