At Ridecell View All Jobs
San Francisco, CA
Ridecell (www.ridecell.com) is powering next generation of ridesharing, carsharing and autonomous shared mobility services. As the world shifts to a mobility on- demand model and new companies rush to enter as service providers, Ridecell is ready to support these initiatives. Already 20+ customers, including Penske, Renault, RideKleen, Blu Smart and AAA use our proven platform to build their shared mobility businesses.
Ridecell is looking for a Accountant to join our team and play a key role in helping us keep up with the explosive growth in customers! To succeed in this position, you must be a self-starter, and able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. This role will partner with the Sales Operations and Customer Success teams to drive the billing and collections process with an emphasis on closing revenue each month on a timely basis with a very high standard of accuracy. And the results must pass the review of our Big-4 auditors as our standard is equivalent to public companies!
Ridecell plans to continue growing so this is a position that will grow as well. Start by owning revenue, grow to the next level of Assistant Controller and show us how far you can go! Feel like doing some financial modeling and help with FP&A? Let us know – we can use some help there as well!
- Review customer contracts and sales order packages for completeness
- Propose appropriate revenue recognition treatment IAW US GAAP under ASC 606
- Prepare revenue allocation analysis for arrangements with multiple deliverables
- Prepare monthly customer invoices accurately and timely
- Monitor customer payments and make follow-up collections calls as needed
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries related to revenue, deferred revenue, accounts receivable, inventory and COGS
- Perform monthly/quarterly/annual close activities for revenue accounts which include analyzing accounts, performing related calculations and validating proper recognition in financial systems
- Prepare monthly revenue reports including Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) and resolve issues as needed
- Prepare revenue-related audit schedules necessary for auditors to complete their quarterly reviews and year-end audit procedures.
- Build relationships and liaise across external business groups including sales, launch, legal and customer success.
- Work with FP&A to complete monthly budget versus actual comparison of revenue by customer and type of revenue
- Prepare revenue content for slides presented at routine meetings of the Board of Directors
- Document procedures and policies for the entire revenue cycle; document internal controls within this cycle
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
- Unwavering integrity
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in accounting or finance)
- A minimum of 2 years related accounting work experience
- Good understanding of ERP systems, revenue accounting systems, business processes, data workflows and root cause analysis
- Solid skills with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with customers and colleagues at all levels of the company
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with close attention to detail.
- Experience as a revenue accountant in a SaaS company
- Strong technical revenue accounting experience
- User level experience with Xero and Salesforce
- Active CPA preferred but not required
- A combination of public accounting and industry experience