Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
At Ridecell View All Jobs
San Francisco, CA
Ridecell (www.ridecell.com) is powering next generation of ridesharing, carsharing and autonomous shared mobility services. As the world shifts to a mobility on- demand model and new companies rush to enter as service providers, Ridecell is ready to support these initiatives. Already 20+ customers, including Penske, Renault, RideKleen, Blu Smart and AAA use our proven platform to build their shared mobility businesses.
Senior Software development engineer in test is a technical evangelist with strong quality mindset. He/She must be able to contribute to the development of concepts, methods, and techniques for white box and black box automated test cases and build frameworks to execute and report the same. A Senior SDET's should own architecture and design of test automation framework and coach/mentor other people across teams to adopt the same. They need to possess strong programming skills coupled with a leadership mindset to always strive for excellence and lead the QA organization towards greater heights.
- BS/B Tech degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution
- 5-10 years core development experience with minimum 3 years as SDET
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Experience in testing REST APIs, Web applications and Mobile applications, iOS, Android
- Experience in creation of test frameworks using open source automation tools like pytest/testng/restclient, selenium webdriver, appium etc.
- Solid knowledge of test architectural principles, concepts, and application across web/cloud-based technologies.
- Hands on in writing clean code quickly in languages like Python3, Java, etc and code review techniques
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes and project management techniques.
- Familiar with CI/CD Build systems such as Circleci, Jenkins etc
- Familiar with AWS, Kubernetes, ReactJS is a plus
- Full stack web development expertise is a plus
- Establish quality engineering, automation testing, and continuous integration practices with an emphasis on back-end APIs and systems integration
- Work with multiple teams spread across geographies for continuous improvements, innovate and own initiatives and ensure those are adopted and rolled out successfully.
- Design and develop frameworks and robust automation test scripts
- Conduct code reviews to manage automation code quality and guide teams for improvements and adherence to best practices.
- Works on ongoing projects and assignments of diverse scope apply broader knowledge of industry standards/practices and own complete quality for module/s with minimal to no supervision needed.
- Work closely with product and development teams for scoping/sizing after clarifying requirements and create the strategy and technical design for quality delivery and help others on same within and across teams.
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and daily stand-ups and work with teams to mitigate any blockers and adopt to changing needs in a fast-moving environment.