Product Designer MAAS
At Ridecell View All Jobs
San Francisco, CA
Ridecell is the leading provider of software to power mobility-as-a-service (MaaS), including car-sharing, ride sharing, fixed-route, and dynamic transit services. The “Global Call for Transit Innovators” award winner is helping customers reimagine and re-architect transportation in cities, communities and campuses around the world.
Ridecell's unique differentiator is “autonomous fleet operationsTM”: technology that automates end-to-end business operations from consumer apps to the day to day fleet management, demand and supply analytics, marketing, CRM, and payments. Its mobility software platform automates some of the hardest operational tasks in running a transportation system enabling cities, campuses and multi-city mobility providers to launch on-demand, car sharing and fixed-route services in weeks and optimize and scale them without human intervention. In addition to mobility providers such as BMW, Ridecell's clients include transit agencies such as Santa Clara VTA in Silicon Valley, companies such as 3M, universities such as UC Berkeley, hospitals such as UCSF.
Ridecell is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Key investors include BMW iVentures, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator. Ridecell's vision is to help their customers “Run the world, better TM”.
- It starts with a plan. How are you going to achieve those goals we set.
- You will be working in: UX Design, interaction design, information architecture, and/or visual design. While it's rare to find someone deeply skilled in all design disciplines, you are deep in at least two and have some skills in the others.
- Based on your skills, you'll create annotated wireframes, visual design comps, user flows, and/or paper and interactive prototypes as necessary in order to explore ideas and document design decisions.
- You will coordinate with UX Research to understand the problems users face. The best solutions often stem from insightful questions and observations, of which you have a seasoned tool kit.
- You will participate in usability testing. Often it takes a few iterations to find the right design solution. You will help prepare materials to support usability tests, help interpret results, and modify designs based on the outcomes.
- Fluency with design tools you love to use . You know what they are, and we are open to change.
- Strong understanding of interface design principles; navigation and architecture; and typography, color, and layout principles.
- Experience with working with clients? and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Bachelor's degree in a Design discipline or equivalent practical.
- SAAS experience
- MaterialUI experience