Data Scientist, Scenario Modeling
At Ridecell View All Jobs
The complexity of urban driving stems from the large number of scenarios that may need to be handled. Understanding the space of these scenarios is a critical phase in designing planners and decision-making modules. And the ability to reproduce scenario variations in simulation allows us to train, test and validate our autonomous driving systems in a comprehensive manner.
If you're passionate about autonomous vehicles, and believe in modeling as an effective means of capturing the dynamics of driving scenarios, join us today!
- Research existing approaches to scenario modeling and abstraction.
- Develop data collection and processing pipeline for scenario mining.
- Design and improve models to better capture scenario dynamics.
- Define taxonomy of scenario elements and their relationships.
- Develop a metadata tagging scheme based on a taxonomy.
- Extract scenarios, events & relationships from recorded data.
- Learn parameter distributions from recorded data.
- Explore graph-based/probabilistic matching techniques.
- Derive concrete scenarios for execution in simulation.
- Work closely with traffic/actor modeling initiatives to reproduce natural actor behavior.
- Disseminate scenario modeling results through talks, workshops, and conference papers.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
- 5+ years research experience modeling real-world phenomena using a combination of mathematical abstractions, probability distributions and/or logical formalisms.
- Proficiency in data analysis, data visualization, model definition and model fitting.
- Proficiency in using numeric and scientific computing tools and libraries.
- Experience with modeling spatial data such as vector maps, geospatial distributions.
- Experience with modeling temporal data such as time series, streams and events.
- Experience with modeling graph/network data.
Nice to Have
- Experience with modeling macroscopic traffic behavior.
- Experience with modeling microscopic vehicle or pedestrian motion.