Perception Engineer, Computer Vision (Intern)
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Ridecell (www.ridecell.com) is powering next generation of ridesharing, carsharing and autonomous shared mobility services. As the world shifts to a mobility on- demand model and new companies rush to enter as service providers, Ridecell is ready to support these initiatives. Already 20+ customers, including Penske, Renault, RideKleen, Blu Smart and AAA use our proven platform to build their shared mobility businesses.
The Perception team at Ridecell’s autonomous driving division is experimenting with new sensor modalities and deep learning network architectures. This effort is critical to our goal of bringing L4 to the streets safely and quickly. You will get a chance to build deep learning networks aimed at improving passive vision based detection accuracy at night and in difficult weather.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Experimenting with deep learning network architectures to improve the accuracy of detection at night and in difficult weather conditions.
- Exploring use of thermal imaging to improve the accuracy and range of detection at night.
- Benchmarking accuracy and efficiency of detection and segmentation networks.
- Collaborating with wider perception team to deploy deep learning networks on vehicle.
- Collaborate in publishing papers and patents relating to innovations in perception.
Qualifications and Skills
- MS student in CS/EE/ECE/Computer vision or equivalent industry experience
- 0-2 years of experience in computer vision.
- 0-2 years of experience in deep learning application to computer vision - object detection, image classification and image segmentation.
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch.
- Programming experience in C++ and Python.
- Experience in machine learning on embedded systems
- Experienced in OpenCV