Backend Engineer, Fleet Operations
At Ridecell View All Jobs
Ridecell (www.ridecell.com) is powering next generation of ridesharing, carsharing and autonomous shared mobility services. As the world shifts to a mobility on- demand model and new companies rush to enter as service providers, Ridecell is ready to support these initiatives. Already 20+ customers, including Penske, Renault, RideKleen, Blu Smart and AAA use our proven platform to build their shared mobility businesses.
We are looking for talented and motivated engineers to join our team here at Ridecell who can hit the ground running and take our product to the next level, as we scale up and develop our business in our target markets. The Backend Engineers who are building our FleetOps Platform work across the stack, always willing to go the extra mile to deliver the highest quality in enterprise software. As a developer for Ridecell you are building the tools today that will redefine tomorrow's transit.
- Take ownership over project timelines and deliverables
- Contribute to the design, architecture and build of our Platform
- Help scale the platform and build out new features
- Apply algorithm development to solve deep problems
- Work with customers when needed
- Fluency in any one of the programming languages like Python, Java or confident that you can get there quickly
- Experience of working with layered and modular architecture
- 3+ years experience in programming
- Experience with RESTful APIs and API design.
- Experience in web application frameworks like Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails or any other Web MVC development framework.
- Experience with TDD and should be able write code with near 100% unit test coverage
- Ability to learn new technologies
- You always leave code better than you found it, and you have opinions on software design.
- Self-directed, but also work well with other engineers.
- Excited about working for a startup and moving quickly.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group
Good to have
- An open source profile (such as Github) with some interesting projects is highly desirable
- DevOps experience, especially with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, and Postgres.
- Experience with microservices based architecture